1. What route will the bus take? Please do refer to the route-map provided by the school, to determine the route your child is likely to take to the school. If your place of residence does not fall on this route, please do ask at the office if transportation facility could be extended to your residence.
2. Is transport guaranteed with admission to the school? Admission to the school is not a guarantee of provision of transport service for residences away from the published transport routes.
3. How are pickup and drop points determined? If the roads are narrow and we believe that the bus would not be able to reach all the way to your home, or if it is difficult for the bus to take a U-turn (since reversing is dangerous, we do try to minimise reversing of the bus), we will request you to come to the nearest serviceable point. There might be times that you would be required to cross-the road to board the bus. While attempt is to pick up all children from home in the mornings, it might not be possible to provide home-pick-up-service to all. We might request you to bring the child to a main point in the morning. In the afternoon, all attempts would be made to drop the child upto the home.
4. My child is a CONTINUING student. When will transport service begin for my child? Preprimary/ Primary/ Middle/ High school: For continuing and new students the transportation service would begin on the first day of the school, with a pick-up from pick-up point (i.e., if their place of residence continues to be the same). If there are changes in the pick-up/drop timings, you shall be intimated about the same earlier.
5. My child is a NEW student. When will transport service begin for my child? Primary/ middle/ high school: For new students the transportation service would begin on the first day of the school, with a drop from the School to home. We request parents to please bring the child from home to the School on the first day of School.
Pre-primary students: For new students the transportation service would begin only after the child has settled down in the School.
6. How long does it take for the transport service to settle down? While a dry-run is carried out before the first day of transport service, please do expect some delays in the first week of service.
7. Will the driver give a phone call if we are not at the designated stop on time? The driver will not call if the child is not at the designated stop on time.
8. Will the driver wait for my child if we are not at the designated stop on time? The driver will wait for only one minute beyond the given pick up time.
9. What if I am not at the stop to pick up my child on her way back home? The bus-staff have been instructed to bring the child back to the school if the parents/care-giver is not at the designated stop. Before that they will try to contact the parents over the phone.
10. What is pick-up-card? Why is it necessary? Pick-up-card is a document that has the child's photograph and the photograph of the parents/grand-parents/care-givers who are likely to pick up the child from the school bus / school. If the right pick-up card is not shown, the bus-staff have been instructed to bring the child back to the school.
11. How often does the bus run late? While our endeavour is to have the bus reach on time, the traffic conditions in Bangalore are unpredictable. We do experience delays once/twice in a month. In case of inordinate delays we do try to inform the parents.
12. Can I call up the bus driver to find out their location? Since the bus driver is likely to get distracted while driving please call the 'akka' whose phone number would be provided to you. Only if you are unable to reach akka should the driver be called.
13. Until what age do you insist that the parent should be there to pick up the child at the bus stop? We insist that parents/care-givers should be present to pick up the child until Grade 5.
14. Who should I call in case of concerns about the bus service? Please do contact the Administration Coordinators about bus service.
15. If there is a break down of the regular school bus and arrangements are made for another bus to pick up my child, how will I be informed about it? Until you receive a call from authorised phone numbers, please do not send your ward in any other bus. These numbers shall again be provided during Orientation.